Chocolate covered strawberries are popular on Valentine's Day, but instead of doing the same old tradition, why not treat your loved ones to a special breakfast with those flavors?
These White Chocolate Strawberry Muffins are a special treat that never last long in my house. They are sweet like a cupcake and so yummy no one will ever know they are gluten free. The white chocolate melts into the batter during cooking and each muffin has a few bites of sweet strawberries inside. This makes them a wonderful treat for breakfast, Sunday brunch, or a filling snack any time of the day.
Try these tomorrow morning to make your family's Valentine's Day get off to a great start. Even a simple breakfast like these muffins can brighten a morning when presented in a lovely way.
Set your table with pretty vintage dishes, add heart picks to the muffins, and make a Fresh Rose Floral Arrangement for the centerpiece. Most of us probably won't go to this much trouble every morning, but it is fun to make holidays extra special.
Whether you serve these for Valentine's Day or any other day, I hope you find these muffins just as delicious as I do!
White Chocolate Strawberry Muffins
Adapted from recipe on King Arthur Flour GF Muffin Mix box
6 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 box King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Muffin Mix
3/4 cup milk
1 1/4 cup strawberries (chopped)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Small amount sugar (optional)
2 ounces white chocolate
2 teaspoons canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 375. Put liners in a standard muffin pan and spray each one with cooking spray.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl with a mixer. Add melted butter and vanilla and mix until well blended. Then add the muffin mix and blend until the mix is just combined.
3. Pour in milk 1/4 cup at a time and blend well. Batter starts out runny, but continue to beat the batter for about a minute or until it has thickened.
4. Add strawberries and white chocolate chips and gently fold them in with a large spoon.
5. Fill the muffin cups almost full. Optional: Sprinkle tops of muffins with a little sugar.
6. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the muffins comes out clean.
7. Remove muffins from the pan and allow them to cool slightly.
8. Optional topping: Melt 2 ounces white chocolate in the microwave, heating 30 seconds at a time until chocolate is melted. Mix in canola oil. Drizzle over the muffins.
These muffins can be decorated with cute food picks for a fun touch during the holidays.......
.....or omit the picks and serve on a platter with fruit. This is a great idea for brunch or breakfast on the go.
Need other gluten free ideas? See my other Gluten Free Recipes.
I hope you like this recipe. If you would like to share it with others, use the share icons below. If you share my recipe on your blog, please post a picture with a link to this post instead of copying the full recipe. Please let me know if you feature the recipe so I can return the favor by mentioning your blog in a thank you post.
Let's Dish, Creative Inspirations, Full Plate Thursday, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Grace At Home, Hookin Up With HoH, Frugal Friday, Foodie Friday, Foodtastic Friday, Weekend Potluck, It's A HodgePodge Friday, Foodie Friends Friday, Gluten Free Friday, Freedom Friday, Kitchen Fun & Crafty Friday, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Saturday Nite Special, Bouquet Of Talent Party, Sweets For A Saturday, Think Pink Sunday, Scrumptious Sunday, Made From Scratch Monday, Making The Scene Monday, My Meatless Monday, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Mix It Up Monday, On The Menu Monday, Mop It Up Monday, Recipe Sharing Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt Me Tuesday, Talent Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Cast Party Wednesday, What's In Your Kitchen Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesday, What I Whipped Up Wednesday